Educational institutions are complex organizations with many of the same needs as other businesses in terms of identity management access control and Active Directory integrity. Any accidental or malicious change to the AD could have catastrophic results for students and administrators, both in financial loss and academic discontinuity.
Your Active Directory and file access information must be protected in order to prevent that from happening. You need a solution that’s:
You also need:
- Educational pricing that makes Blackbird affordable for nearly any institution.
- Flexible licensing that allows you to purchase only the functionality you need .
- Modular implementation that allows you to install only the modules you need now, without additional overhead.
- Scalability that supports tens of thousands of users as well as it does hundreds of users.
Only the Blackbird Management Suite delivers on all counts with a single unified architecture that provides full integration and a single easy-to-use UI. With Blackbird, you can:
- Track and audit all changes within the AD and file system
- Track and audit all changes to file access and permissions
- Report those changes within an historical context
- Protect the AD from unauthorized or accidental changes
- Protect your file system from unauthorized or accidental changes to access and permissions
- Recover from damage to the AD, whether accidental or malicious
- Roll back unauthorized or accidental changes to the AD and file system access permissions
- Set up workflows that alert you to unauthorized changes and allow you to stop them in their tracks